Did you miss the HRC Logo Democratic Debates (like I did)? Watch the synopsis above to catch the highlights.
And stay tuned for the update on the Republican candidates responses to their invites... I'm sure they'll say yes soon...
Monday, August 27, 2007
Sunday, August 26, 2007
So, what happened between 1994 and 2003 that made invading Iraq a good idea, Mr. Cheney? It seems all of the negative outcomes of invading Iraq in 1994 are exactly what happened when your administration invaded Iraq in 2003. Did your interest in oil increase?
I came across this poll on About.com regarding gay marriage, and of course I had to vote.
In the article accompanying the poll, there is a great paragraph that I must quote:
If the Christian Right were to be believed, legalized gay marriage might usher in the Apocalypse, but then again the Christian Right so often uses apocalyptic terms it's difficult to take them very seriously. Similarly grave forecasts were made about ending slavery, desegregation, interracial marriage, letting women vote, etc. Somehow, the Earth has managed to keep spinning and the sun hasn't exploded. Why imagine that gay marriage is any different?
Let your voice be heard. Vote in the poll here.
Fox News is setting up the "facts" to support an invasion into Iran? They do that kind of stuff? Please make note of the similarities between the "facts" they are touting for Iran vs. the "facts" they used for Iraq... you know, the ones that were proven false.
Click here to sign the open letter asking the other networks not to follow Fox News down the same path they did for the Iraqi War.
National coming out day is October 11, 2007.
This falls on the 20th anniversary of the 1987 Gay and Lesbian March on Washington and the unfurling of the AIDS Quilt on the National Mall. National Coming Out day began on October 11th of the following year as a way of continuing the spirit openness, honesty, and visibility that the march and the AIDS Quilt presentation inspired.
Do your part to keep the spirit alive.
Talk About It.
Ten Reasons Gay Marriage is Un-American
1. Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.
2. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
3. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
4. Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn’t changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can’t marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.
5. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears’ 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.
6. Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn’t be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren’t full yet, and the world needs more children.
7. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
8. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That’s why we have only one religion in America.
9. Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That’s why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
10. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven’t adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.