"Loose Change" is an independent documentary about 9/11/01 that questions the government's involvement in the WTC and Pentagon attacks. For those of you who automatically dismiss this theory, I encourage you to watch the first 8 minutes of the documentary, and do your own research (and no, "research" coming from Fox News doesn't count).
The facts given at the beginning of "Loose Change" 2nd edition are very interesting. Here are a few of the facts with my comments in italics:
- 8/1997 - The cover of FEMA's "Emergency Response to Terrorism" depicts the World Trade Center in crosshairs. Coincidence? Perhaps.
- 1999 - NORAD begins conducting exercises in which hijacked airliners are flown into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon
- 6/2000 - The Department of Justice releases a terrorism manual with the World Trade Center in crosshairs. Coincidence again? Probably not.
- 9/2000 - The Project for a New American Century, a neo-conservative think tank whose members include Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Jeb Bush, and Paul Wolfowitz, releases their report entitled "Rebuilding America's Defenses." In it, they declare "...the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event - like a new Pearl Harbor." Wasn't Pearl Harbor where the US got attacked on it's own soil? Wasn't this "similarity" brought up in the press conferences after 9/11/2001 as emotional ties and propaganda for a war?
- 10/24/2000 - The Pentagon conducts the first of two training exercises which simulate a Boeing 757 crashing into the building. A former Navy pilot who worked in the Pentagon for 17 years took part in an earlier version of this exercise in 1989 before retiring to take a job at American Airlines. He was the pilot of the 757 that allegedly crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11/2001. Wasn't 1989 the first year of George H. W. Bush's only term of presidency? How can someone retire from the Pentagon and still be young enough to work 16 years as a pilot for AA? Does the Pentagon allow retirement at an age earlier than 49? (65 - 16 = 49)
- 7/4/2001 - Osama Bin Laden, wanted by the United States since 1998, receives medical attention at an American hospital in Dubai, where he is visited by a local chief of the CIA. Why wasn't this wanted criminal taken into custody? Or was he?
- 7/24/2001 - Larry A. Silverstein, owner of WTC 7, signs a $3.2 billion 99-year lease on the entire WTC complex. Included in the lease is $3.5 billion insurance policy specifically covering acts of terrorism. Wow, a terrorism clause that pays more than the lease is worth, signed 6 weeks before the 9/11/2001 tragedy. Was he psychic?
- 9/6/2001 - 3,150 put options (more than 4 times the average daily) were placed on United Airlines stock. A "put option" is a bet that a stock will fall.
- 9/6/2001 - Bomb sniffing dogs are pulled from the WTC, and security guards end two weeks of 12 hour shifts. What made the bomb-sniffing dogs no longer needed?
- 9/7/2001 - 27,294 put options are placed on Boeing, more than 5 times its daily average.
- 9/10/2001 - 4,516 put options are placed on American Airlines stock, nearly 11 times its daily average.
- 9/10/2001 - Per Newsweek, a number of high-ranking brass cancel their flights for the next morning.
- 9/10/2001 - San Francisco mayor Willie Brown receives a phone call telling him not to fly the next morning.
- 9/10/2001 - In Pakistan at a military hospital, all of the Urologists are replaced by a special team in order to host their guest of honor, Osama Bin Laden, who is escorted inside to be watched carefully and looked after. Maybe they were going to arrest him after he got better...